• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, February 3, 2011

a glimpse...

Like I mentioned on my weekend adventures post, me and Pat went to Ikea looking for a new coffee table. We had looked at this one online and loved it in person, so there you go! New table. It is way more functional and attractive then the old one we had before, plus it matches our shelves and entertainment center that you can sort of get a glimpse at in these pictures. We also bought a fabulous brown shag rug to replace the seriously 80s one we had in its spot before.

We had also seen some cabinets at Ikea (basically shelves with a glass door) that we thought would be great for displaying all of our glass wear stashed in kitchen cupboards. They were a bit expensive though, so we opted out and went for a more practical solution. I had two bookshelves that I used to keep art projects and supplies on in my office. Since this is now Hayden's room, they were just sitting in a corner unused. Now one of the is in the back room displaying part of Pat's Rouge Beer collection, and the other is in the living room next to our entertainment center cabinets showing off our many Barnes and Noble Special Collection books and all of our nice glasses, including my mustache ones from New Years!!! I don't know why we never thought of it sooner, because it looks soooo much better.

Now if we could only afford to replace our extremely dated hand-me-down couches... In the meantime I would like to get some better throw pillows and lighten up the room a bit overall.

[[ new coffee table. recycled bookshelf for fancy glasses. book collection. pats comics. some of my design books. little monster. globe. special addition book collection. glasses. buddah shelf. new poster from hawthorne. ]]