• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, November 8, 2010

weekend adventures 7

Like i mentioned on friday, I did not have anything planned for this weekend... so I pretty much just hung out at home and relaxed the whole time. It was pretty nice, although I do not think I would know what to do with myself given another weekend in a row like it. Unfortunately Pat had to work at various sporting events the whole time, and was not able to share my relaxation.


friday night
While Pat was working I started on the last season of Project Runway, which I completely missed when it was aired over the Summer. (It is hard for me to watch "girl" TV shows or movies since I live with so many boys, so I have to sneak them in whenever I get a chance to myself). I only made it through the 3rd episode, but I was feeling pretty fulfilled. Thoughts so far: 1) I think it is awesome that there is constantly an aspiring designer from PDX! 2) I really like the style of the girl this time, I would pretty much wear all of it gladly. 3) She seems to be way too full of herself, which is unfortunate.


saturday
My Saturday was spent catching up on a little cleaning (since our room has a tendency to become messy throughout the week via me throwing clothes everywhere), re-watching Californication with Hayden, doing some "reading" (book on tape) of Harry Potter in preparation for the new movie, and sketching out some ideas for paintings and design projects to play with in the future. I know that does not sound like much, but it did feel like I got a decent amount accomplished for a day at home. Me and Pat even made a delicious dinner! Bacon wrapped scallops. I always forget to take pictures of our pretty food though, I just get so excited to eat it!!! I really need to get better at this.

[[ californication. hot cocoa mmm. rainy backyard. raking. leaves saved for my little project. candle. loki enjoying lots of attention. rough sketches for upcoming projects. ]]


sunday
It was cold and windy and rainy outside and all I wanted to do was curl up in a blanket in front of the fireplace and drink hot chocolate. Instead, me and Hayden braved the weather to rake up some leaves. Super fun stuff. I did collect a few pretty leaves, and I have a small project in mind for them to make our living room look more fall festive (as inspired by cashmere and cupcakes). Pat was so happy with our raking that when he got off work he made us hot chocolate! And since I have no fireplace, I curled up next to some yummy candles instead. It was a pretty good weekend at home.