• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

little things

I feel like sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the monotony of the ever returning work week (especially with the weather taking a swift turn for the worse) and forget to instead focus on all of the little things that make you happy throughout your day/week/month/year.

As I left my house this morning, admittedly running late as usual, I was not exactly feeling excited to embrace the cold and get to work. With the weather being under 50 degrees I climbed into my car, turned up the heat, and started the short drive to work in a less than eager fashion. To my surprise I hit every traffic light on the way at the perfect moment and made it to the office in under two minutes (literally)... It may seem like a little thing, but the fact that I did not have to slow down to a halt due to a mini van with no turn signal, or someone bravely running across the street barely escaping oncoming traffic was an awesome change of pace. It instantly put me in a great mood, and I decided to allow myself to focus on the little things that made my day great instead of focusing on being tired, cold, or bored at work.

Here are the little things that made me happy today...

[[ allowing myself to purchase a non fat latte from across the street. being greeted by a boyfriend and a chocolate lab who were both happy to see me for lunch. being able to seamlessly toggle work with... other 'work' using my hot corners. re-watching modern family season 1 with pat on my lunch breaks. playing with some new fonts i downloaded. the cinnamon broom i bought from trader joes which makes my entire living room smell amazing. yummy clam chowder for lunch. listening to "the goblet of fire" all day at work. the fact that this work day went by quickly. ]]


Thank you cooperative traffic lights. Today was a good day.