• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, November 1, 2010

weekend adventures 6

Halloween weekend did not necessarily go off as planned... but regardless we had plenty of drinks, lots of friends over, the decorations looked amazing, and our costumes turned out pretty close to perfect, so looking back I can't complain too much about the overall outcome.


saturday [halloween eve]
Game day. The alarm went off at 6:30 AM (no thank you). We were at the stadium by 8. It was a great game though, OSU dominated the scoreboard, literally dominated it. I was able to get home by 6, unfortunately there were some intoxicated visitors there making it very difficult for us to finish setting up for the party, so I started getting a little stressed out right off the bat. It didn't help when people started showing up two hours early! Our friends are always late, so I figured 9:00 meant more like 10:30, but this time it meant 7:30 to some. Not a huge deal, except that I had not even started getting in costume, and I have this tendency to want everything to look perfect before people show up.

[[ down on the field during the game. ]]

Once I got downstairs everyone was at the house. Rory even brought over his baby white lab Harlow to play with us!!! (So adorable I could hardly even stand it). Against all odds, I think that me and Pats costumes turned out pretty damn good.Ii love seeing my little dress up plans come together! Here is a blurry preview of our costumes, and some friends in costume... I will post the actual pictures of us and the house later this week.   :)

[[ alia & harlow (pumpkin/flight attendant). tony (fat lady). colleen (sushy roll). nate & alicia (???/army brat). fletcher (nerd). whitney (purple parrot - legends of the hidden temple). megan (tom cruise - risky business). brad & alia (pilot/flight attendant). ]] 



sunday [halloween]
We got off to a slow start on Sunday, but eventually made it over to the recently reopened Tommy's restaurant for some breakfast (delicious by the way). The rest of the day consisted of a lot of cleaning. Megan decided to stay the night and helped me redecorate the porch and entry area for trick or treaters. Unfortunately the only one we got was Hayden, pats little brother. It was kind of a bummer, but I had fun. We even dressed up again, sort of. Megan put on some antennas and big aviators to be a bug, and I put on some cat ears and drew on whiskers with eye liner.

Halloween party post coming soon...