• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

weekend adventures 10

This was an extra long and extra fun weekend! Four whole days to be exact. I feel like I fit so many fun things into one single weekend that I will have to split up this entry into a few others. Therefor I will be adding more detailed entries throughout the week.


thursday (thanksgiving)
This year me and Meagan had Thanksgiving with our Mom, so we spent the day in Sherwood at my step dad's brothers... well, farm, for lack of a better word. (They have a bunch of land and a cow, so I think that qualifies as a farm). I got to see my favorite Grandma Norma, visit with my awesome little sister, and the mashed potatoes were excellent, So I can't complain. After the festivities we went back to my Moms for the night and watched "Christmas Vacation", which totally put me in the holiday spirit!

[[ meagan laughing. cow. turkey shaker. grandparents. tights. dinner aka mashed potatoes. moms cat felix. sorry. ]]


friday
After a late breakfast I headed out to pick up my friend Megan and take her to get her third tattoo! It took about three hours from stencil to completion, but I think it turned out exactly how she imagined it and I am very happy for her! I have now gone and documented the tattooing of a friend six times. Someday it will be my turn. I think people are more surprised than not that I do not have any tattoos yet. (more on this tomorrow).

Afterwards we headed over to Colleens house and met Tiffany and Sam for some drinks and silliness. It was an awesome day.

[[ tattoo parlor. work in progress. fancy drink. pomegranate seeds. ]]


saturday
I hung out at my Dads house and we all decided to go get a Christmas tree (or two in our case). One of the great things about living in Oregon is that pretty much no matter where you live all you have to do to get a tree is drive ten minutes away from the suburbs. We drove down past Helvetia Tavern to a farm and started searching. When we left my Dads place it was cold out, but perfectly sunny, but by the time we had gotten deep into the tree farm it was stormy and pouring down rain. Lucky us. When we finally found two Patty approved trees everyone was a cold and muddy mess. Either way I think we all had fun. Especially the little girls and Dest who were running around with sticks yelling out Harry Potter spells at each other in attempted British accents. I personally, took a bunch of pictures the whole time (an image heavy christmas tree hunt post coming later this week).

Everyone changed into sweats when we got back home and relaxed. me and Meagan stayed up late watching "A Muppet Christmas Carol" (one of our favorite childhood holiday movies).

[[ christmas tree hunting preview... more images coming soon. ]]

sunday
I met Megan at the mall to do a little Christmas shopping and then headed home. Traffic was pretty bad due to an accident, but I made it eventually.

And thus concludes an awesome four day weekend in PDX! I saw my family, hung out with friends, documented a tattooing, picked out a tree, and even did a little bit of Christmas shopping. Not too shabby.