• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

weekend adventures 5

hello. i forgot to mention friday that i was taking a long weekend, 3 days to be exact! thus, no monday post. (sorry if this one is a little long).

This weekend my older sister Leah was in town for yet another of her friends weddings, so of course, I drove up to Portland to see her. She didn't fly in until around midnight Friday night/Sat morning, and the wedding took up most of the day Saturday, so I decided to take Monday off work to spend a little more time with her. It was also my friend Sam's birthday, so we celebrated Saturday night at a Karaoke bar.


friday night
We had to take the new car to the dealership to get a special paint cover shield... thing... (to my understanding, or lack there of), so Pat and me both drove up to Portland separately after work Friday. We dropped our stuff off at my Dads house, but since everyone was out and about we decided to head downtown for dinner and a few drinks, sort of a mini date night. it was really nice to spend a few hours together away from everyone else, and away from Corvallis. we went to North 45 on 21st street and shared some seriously delicious mussels. 


saturday
Me and Meguenther met up and did a little shopping before heading over to the Eastside to Chopsticks for Sam's birthday party. I got to see some of my favoritest people who I had not seen since me and Pat's birthday party at the end of August, plus Ms. Williams under much better circumstances than last time. My favorite parts of the night were karaoke to Coolio's "Gangsters Paradise" lead by Ricky, Colleen, and Sam, (video coming soon), and me and Megan bringing Sam his birthday present, aka a traffic cone we...found. I have to mention this delicious pizza we ate at the end of the night... as I recall, it had ricotta cheese, mozzarella, spinach, tomatoes, and it came with a demo cd and some imagery for a local jazz band. How freaking awesome is that!!?? Local pizza and local music all rolled into one, and delivered at 3:30 in the morning. Amazing. I can't remember the name of the place though, I will have to do some major searching.

[[ tiffany. hunter. megan. birthday sam. ricky singing "i got five on it". me caught singing (super funny looking, i love it). colleen & hunter dancing it out. ]]



sunday
I did not get home until seriously 5am, so I slept in Sunday, I mean really slept in, until like 12:30... I can't even remember the last time I have done that! the family went to lunch at Kenny & Zukes. We had latkes, pickles, pastrami sandwiches, and macaroons. It was delicious. Sunday night was a mellow night with the fam, and Catherine, which included me building an awesome little Lego house "for Dest" with all my recently discovered old Legos! I seriously love Legos. I will totally play with them by myself, and I did, the five year old was just an excuse.....


monday
Leah, me, my brother Nick, and Catherine went downtown to grab some lunch with Leahs friend Haley at Clyde Common. Catherine wanted to stop at The Duck Store first, which I never thought I would set foot in (having gone to the opposing school)... I did not particularly enjoy that portion of the day, though I think nick might have, seeing as he was chasing me around the store trying to get pictures of me in it! Surprising find, the Eames Lounge Chairs set up in the building... as in, the really expensive authentic ones. I do have to say that they were damn comfortable. Sadly I had to leave before dinner to pick up the car, and then it was back to Corvallis and goodbye to mi familia for a while. I always get sad when I leave after spending the weekend there, my siblings are pretty bad ass.

[[ clyde common menu (not actually pink...). sun break while on the bridge. eames lounge chairs. leah. latte from stumptown. ]]


Thus concludes my long weekend, and now back to the grind.