• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, October 8, 2010

cupcakes galore!

So... this week ended up having a lot to do with cupcakes! Not a bad thing, since they are adorable and delicious.


first (wednesday).
Pats super adorable friend Sara runs her own cupcake business where she makes equally adorable baked goods under the appropriately titled name Baby Cakes Bakehouse. She posted something earlier this week about needing a business card sized ad asap and that she would pay someone in free cupcakes if the ad didn't "suck". I thought to myself, hey, I love cupcakes, they are cute and delicious, I should throw something together. So, I played around with her pretty cupcake pictures, and, long story short, I am getting some free surprise cupcakes!!! I wonder what they are???

Check out her website for a photo gallery of the menu. My favorite part about Sara's cupcakes is that they are named after characters and things from some of my favorite childrens books. Here are some examples: Mad Hatter, Blustery Day, Crookshanks, Unbirthday Cake, and Felix Felicis. (From Alice in Wonderland, Winnie the Pooh, and Harry Potter if you are confused).




second (thursday).
Thursday morning I was off to a late start (as usual), I ran downstairs to leave and noticed a box sitting near the front door. I quickly scooped it up for further inspection only to reveal that the specialized tape contained a familiar logo... ST. CUPCAKE! But where did it come from? I walked upstairs with the box in hand to search for some scissors and ask Pat if he was expecting anything, which he quickly said no to. Upon opening the box I noticed a card with a nice little message to me and Pat from none other than my older sister Leah! In one of the sweetest gestures EVER she ordered me and Pat a build your own cupcake kit to cheer us up because she knew we had been feeling super sad about Johni lately and could use some sweetness! It made me feel super loved, and really thankful for my awesome friends and family.

(I should also mention that st. cupcake is sort of a sister/family tradition. We love it. We have been going for years. We make sure to stop by every time Leah comes home to visit. Its pretty much the cutest little place ever). Here are some pictures of what we found inside:

[[ cupcake making kit consists of: 6 different cupcake flavors (chocolate, vanilla, chocolate chip, vanilla toffee,  red velvet), 6 different frostings (cream cheese frosting, coffee, chocolate, and vanilla buttercream), 6 different types of sprinkles (rainbow, pink, blue, yellow, chocolate, and dried coconut). ]]

P.S. Me and Pat made the chocolate chip ones last night with cream cheese and chocolate buttercream frosting and put the pink and blue sprinkles on top. They were delicious. Yummmm.