• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Friday, June 27, 2014

black butte hike


On Saturday me, Pat, and our friends decided to tackle the hike up Black Butte, which is something we had wanted to do last year, but ran out of time. The whole "deal" with this hike is that you want to drink a Deschutes Black Butte Porter on the top of Black Butte :) So, packs on, filled with water and bottles of beer, and camera in tow we set off.

Admittedly, I was expecting the hike to be a bit easier... To make a comparison, take the Misery Ridge Trail at Smith Rock for example: super steep but with variation between up hill cut backs, stairs, and straight aways, and a fairly short trek up overall VS. Black Butte, which was long and pretty much just up, up, up the entire time. I suppose it didn't help that I had pulled my hamstring earlier in the week, but this did feel a bit harder. However, the view (and beer) at the top were plenty rewarding, not to mention all of the cute little chipmunks running around.

Here are some of the pictures that I shot with my big cam from the peak.

[[ mountains from the peak of black butte. views & fire towers. vibrant colors. chipmunk friends! back down. ]]