• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, August 22, 2013

my week in pictures 19

monday 8/12 - sunday 8/18

Last week was a really busy one, but not solely because of work this time... although, who am I kidding, work was pretty damn busy. Friday was Pat's birthday and since I was going to be absent for the rest of the weekend for a wedding, I decided to take the day off to spend time with him... and at the Bend Brewfest. Pat had planned to take advantage of the fact that I had a wedding to go to, and that several of his guy friends significant others would be at the same baby shower, to throw a guys weekend (no girls allowed). Unfortunately he extended the invitation to Thursday night as well, so I was sort of a party crasher for the first night. After spending all day cramping their style on Friday I made my escape to Portland early Saturday morning where I had just enough time to help my "date"Brad with his outfit, or more specifically take him shopping for one, get ready myself, and show up in Gresham barely in time for the wedding ceremony.

By the way, the wedding was for my old old friend Amy Adams, or I guess Amy Anderson now. It was kind of like a mini high school reunion, but it was great to see her family/neighbors again (I pretty much lived at her house in high school), and spend time with some of my old friends. Plus, drinking free wine and dancing around like an idiot at weddings is always pretty fun. I am happy I was able to be a part of such a big day for the beautiful bride.

Sunday afternoon I grabbed lunch with some of my family, did a tiny bit of shopping at H&M, and then it was back in the car again for another 3.5 hour journey. All the back in fourth definitely made me miss the comparably easy commute from Corvallis to Portland. I got home in time to say goodbye to the remaining guests from guys weekend and then found my favorite spot on the couch to relax.

Oops... I kind of forgot I was supposed to keep these write-ups simple. Oh well, here are the pics, without further adieu.

[[ the ridiculous/awesome leggings that pat's mom bought for me... making "you suck at parking" cards for pat (he has been requesting them for years). the moon/the sky. boys overtaking my house. pat's free birthday hat! the brewfest. most of the guys. amy's wedding: walking down the aisle. me & whitney (an old friend). mike. robin. dance dance. me & the bride. the bouquet. old friends. my handsome date. sparklers. ]]


((( For the record, the dress I wore to Amy's wedding was totally minty colored but it looks almost white in all the pictures! Oops! )))