• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, February 25, 2013

weekend adventures 68


Last weekend me and Pat headed to Portland for my friend Colleen's annual costume birthday party. I had such a great weekend, even if there was a lot of commuting and I only got to see my friends for one night. It is a bummer that we don't get to see each other all the time like we did when we were in college, me especially since I live the farthest away, but every time we get back together its like old times. Love you guys.


saturday
We wanted to get a fairly early start, so we packed up in the morning, got ready, and headed over the Hood Pass towards Portland. It was a gorgeous day and the scenery was beautiful, so I didn't mind the three hour drive over. Pat had made plans to meet up with some friends, and I had some errands to run at the mall, so he dropped me off with my friend Megan and took care of his business while I took care of mine.

[[ weather changes heading over the hood pass for portland. ]]

When we were finished shopping Megan took me over to my friend Tiff's place, and we started getting ready for the party. I had to go through this pretty intense process to get my hair "short" like Bonnie Parker's hair was, and added some fingerwaves as well, which took forever. (I will dedicate an entire post to this with a how to later). The rest was easy, minimal makeup, red lips, dress, gun, good to go. Of course all Pat had to do was get dressed and he was ready, I didn't even have to buy him anything new for this costume aside from the gun!

Megan came over before we left so me, Pat, Tiff, Megan, and Jason rode over to Colleens together and partied for the rest of the night. I will post party pictures separately because as usual, I have a ton of them. There were a bunch of really good costumes! Everyone is so creative! Here are a few little teasers...

[[ historical figures party: preview group shots. ]]

sunday
I wanted to meet up with my dad while I was in town, so in the morning me and Pat packed back up and met him, my step mom, and littlest sister at The Thirsty Lion in Tigard, which has surprisingly really good food. It was good to visit with them for a few hours before heading home. The rest of the day was spent going back over the pass, and then relaxing for the rest of the night. It was a really really quick trip, but definitely worth it.