• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

a blustery day at the oregon coast


(8/11)

One weekend when there was a little less than normal going on, me and Pat decided to head over to Newport, our closest coastal town, for our annual beach day trip. The weather turned out to be far less than cooperative, so despite the beautiful weather in town, it was cold, largely foggy/overcast and super super windy at the coast.

We did attempt a walk on the beach, but I got a little freaked out by the extreme amount of wind and was over it after about three minutes. I could barely walk and felt like I was going to be blown away which freaked me out (admittedly not one of my prouder moments). Long story short, we spent most of the day inside of the Rogue Brewery having some drinks and lunch and starring longingly out the window. We even stopped by their Spirits building to try a custom concoction, and then paid a visit to our annual friend Wally the Walrus for a picture before making our way home.

Despite our setbacks we still managed to have some fun and snap some good pictures. I wish we could have made it back one more time this summer on a nicer day, but it is pretty much impossible to plan a sunny beach day here in Oregon. We had more luck on our side when we visited Newport last year so maybe next year will turn out better for us.

[[ oysters. the foggy windy shoreline. rogue. the marina. wally! pirates & mustaches. the bridge. ]]