• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, November 10, 2011

glitter shoes :: diy

I started seeing some DIYs popping up on Pinterest for homemade sparkle shoes, so I figured my Princess Peach Halloween costume would be the perfect opportunity to give it a try. 

As far as I am concerned, there is really no right or wrong way to do it. I used Modgepodge, thick gold glitter, a sponge brush, and some setting spray for when I was finished. I did not find mixing the glitter in to the glue to be helpful, instead I believe that using the glue and then sprinkling the glitter on top might have been an easier route. (I sort of combined the two). But, no matter, they turned out exactly how I would have wanted them to! (It would have also been smart to spray paint the shoes gold and then sprinkle on the glitter while they dried). Oh, and do not fret if you get started and they look clumpy and terrible... it takes several coats, but I promise, every time one dries they will look better and better. 

The shoes I used had been purchased a long time ago at a Ross and never worn, so they were the perfect trial candidates. I think this project cost around $15 total since I had to buy the spray, glitter (on sale), and a new tub of modgepodge, but I have plenty of left overs. 


[[ diy glitter shoes! ]]