• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

midweek inspiration 18

Happy Wednesday. I have noticed myself becoming more and more drawn to this type of artwork... I find these portraits by DeerFace aka Devon Smith of Wellington New Zealand to be incredibly charming, and maybe even a little bit sexual. I love how the figures sort of flow in to the background without any clearly defined ending, as well as the way the skin takes on the color of the paper. I also really like the individual detail to each piece, such as the tattoos on each figure. They are very intriguing.


[[ strange bedfellows. summoning fox spirit. first deer. feed on blood. ghost huia. a funny little thing. eating ghosts no. 1. little bear. ]]



I am including this one too because although it is not directly related to the others... it is totally relevant to my upcoming vacation that starts tomorrow (and I love it)! But, more on that later.
[[ all work by devon smith. ]]