• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Monday, May 2, 2011

weekend adventures 28

Since I slacked a bit last week, I will be posting two weekend adventures this week from the previous two weekends. This segment is from the weekend of 4/22-4/24, which I spent in Portland with friends and family.

4/22 - 4/24


friday
I rushed up to Portland after work, ran into my dads house, changed, and me and Megan speeded downtown to meet some friends at a thing/place/event? called Smash Putt. My dad tried to ask me what I was doing and the only way I could explain it was like so: "It is like a traveling interactive art show with mini golf downtown in an old abandoned building... but it is also 21+, so it is like a bar as well... except I don't think it is like real mini golf, I think you like.... destroy things?" Obviously I was not very clear ahead of time, and to be honest, I still can't think of a better way to describe it! Hopefullythe pictures and video will help out a bit. It was me, Megan, Tiff, Jason, Tiffs best friends Ashley Mellott, and Ashley Peterson as well as Steven her fiance. After the "Mini Golf Apocalipse" we went next door to Marathon for a drink, but everyone was spent and wanted to go home... so me and Megan ended up at McMenamins to finish off our night.

[[ smash putt mini preview, more pictures to come tomorrow. ]]

saturday
April 23rd was my dads 50th birthday! So I spent the entire day with mi familia. It was really fun. My family is always entertaining... especially when we have misadventures because we get completely lost trying to find the restaurant we are supposed to be meeting my parents at on the boarder of Oregon and Washington. Me and my sisters found it eventually, though it took about an hour. It was also gorgeous outside!!! I am always sceptical when the weather men announce a sunny and warm day based on how things have been going lately. So I ignored their judgement and wore shorts, boots, and a long sleeved top... it was HOT! It got into the mid 70s, which, for Oregonians who have not broken in to Spring yet, is a bit warm. The restaurant was on a dock right by the water and though I was sort of boiling, I loved the rays on my face. I think I even got some new freckles. After a much shorter drive home, me and the littles changed and headed to grab some frozen yogurt and sit outside as much as possible. I even let Meagan, my little sister with her permit drive us. Surprisingly Jenna, the 17 year old Senior freaked me out more driving on the freeway.

[[ images from lunchtime on the water. sisterly silliness. i am so pale! ]]


saturday night
Family came over for a BBQ. I spent most of the night leading up to dinner trying to make my dads favorite cake with the wrong ingredients (thanks to my step mom who didn't seem to think it would make a difference), well it did. I never got the frosting right after well over an hours worth of attempts. Like my mom said, that cake is a pain in the ass! But, it is a secret family recipe from my Grandma Trudy, so I am bound to figure it out eventually. We also decorated some Easter eggs and played Horse.

[[ easter eggs. birthday dad. ]]


sunday
Yes technically it was Easter, but I was more excited about the fact that Pat was coming home from Canada in the afternoon! I pretty much had some breakfast with the family, helped decorate a disaster of a cake, and then took off to PDX. I decided to park and go inside to wait at the gate like people do in movies. I did not have a sign, but I had a big stupid smile on my face and so did he when we spotted each other. :) We grabbed his bags and went out to eat a German-ish restaurant named Gustav's. I would have never thought that so many people go out to eat on holidays... but that place was packed. A few beers for Pat later and home we went.

[[ gustavs with pat. my first fondu. german beer. ]]