• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

midweek inspiration 14

So, this is super random, and really nerdy too! Ah! It falls under midweek inspiration because I could look through this for hours.

I do not fully understand what sparked this sudden remembrance of a favorite childhood book, but it popped into my head today out of nowhere. Dinotopia. If my memory serves me correctly, it is a essentially about a utopian world where dinosaurs and humans coexist in a victorian esc. society (1800s I believe). Though I do not remember details of the story, I do remember spending hours looking through the whimsical illustrations and "scientific sketches" created by author James Gurney. I briefly remember the creation of a pretty horrible TV spinoff that came out far past the point that I was interested in the subject, but the book itself is pretty awesome. They could do some sweet cinematic things with a real budget, just sayin.

I really want to buy myself a new copy asap, but I will have to sit on it for a while, since it is close to a hundred dollars and I have other expenses to worry about currently. I think the original might have even been my dad's copy that I would steal from him...

Do you know what this book is too? Pat has no idea, he thinks I am insane.

[[ imagery from the book. from google images. ]]