• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

midweek inspiration 8

Wow this week is moving quickly! I can't believe that it is almost thursday! This weeks inspiration comes from two awesome DIY projects that I found on Design Sponge, and totally want to try! 

One is very Alice in Wonderland inspired as well...


First off is the China Teaware Lamp created by Sarah Goodwin from Daisies & Pearls. Seriously genus! I have loved the look of stacked teacups since I was a little girl watching the Mad Hatter sing "A Very Merry UnBirthday" to Alice. I would love to try this idea in teacups of solid colors as well. The best part is that she provided instructions!



I also stumbled across this home made lamp shade, which is right up my alley, and a perfect example of turning an old object and a bit of garbage into something new. The ultimate paper recycling project. And around here there is never an issue finding scrap paper. The Paper Scrap Light, created by designer Gabrielle Guy is a very unique idea for a lampshade or 'chandelier'. I am definitely going to give this one a try as well. 

[[ all photos from design sponge. ]]