• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

midweek inspiration 5

As I have been looking through wedding blogs for inspirations on the invitations I am currently working on for a client, I am extremely inspired by the calligraphy done by some designers. I have always explored different styles of lettering as a means of entertainment, often filling page after page with song lyrics. I would like to get back into this and become a better calligrapher in the future, because I think that handwriting is fascinating and beautiful. Here are two artists of interest:


Dana Tanamachi specializes in creating large scale one of a kind calligraphy pieces... out of chalk! They are really gorgeous, and I would imagine extremely time consuming, especially for something as fragile and quick to dissipate as chalk.

Dear Darling Calligraphy has the BEST personal font style! I am in love with the strangely drawn out letters, the varying weights, and orientations of the text. This is definitely a style I would like to strive for in the future. Luckily, my doodles are much more closely related to these then the latter. I love the hand written envelopes with individual designs as well. Perfect.