• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Thursday, January 27, 2011

"it's not like we kill people... on purpose..."

I hardly ever get any time just to myself, which is fine, because I do not really like it anyway! Leave me alone for more than a few hours and I start to go insane, I just have no idea what to do with myself. That being said... Tonight while Pat was working and everyone else was out of the house, I decided to take advantage of a free living room and watch one of my favorite movies from high school, 'Jawbreaker' (granted I was not yet in high school when this movie came out).

As far as films go, it is not a great movie. But in terms of movies for teenage girls, it is way up there for its dark dark humor. I was a little young for 'The Heathers' originally, but I hear that this movie is a poor version of that, so I feel like I should probably check it out soon.

[[ jawbreaker screenshots, 1999. ]]

My favorite things about this movie were/are:

1) The clothing: No one dresses like this in high school. They are risque with a retro vibe, and the color palates are great.
2) This theme carries over into their houses/bedrooms/cars/locations...
3) The soundtrack is not too shabby.
4) This movie is super weird and pretty messed up... what more could you want.