• 00000 About Me
  • 00000 Key Posts
  • 00000 My Design
  • 00000 Favorites
  • 00000 Contact
  • Line 2

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

homemade paper ornaments

I love the way text looks, even pages from a book all jumbled together. After experimenting with making a wreath out of a novel for my mom's birthday last summer, and then coming across an image of an interior display with 'floating' paper orbs, I knew I just had to recreate the concept in ornament form. This could work out really nicely with some mixed paper as well. hopefully people like them.

My materials were:
1) A hot glue gun/glue. 2) A circle shape paper puncher. 3) Foam balls 1 for each ornament. 4) A recycled book. 5) Ornament hooks. I already had the hot glue gun and bought the paper puncher from the local craft store. Everything else came from the dollar tree.

I punched a bunch of circles from pages of the book, and began to layer them around the balls in a circular motion. this project was fairly time consuming, and pretty messy, so I watched two christmas movies while I worked and before I knew it I was almost done.